ASALH South Florida, Inc. is the organizing committee of the South Florida branch of the Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH) that will be chartered in October 2016 in Richmond, VA.
Click Here to join our local branch or make a donation.
The mission of the Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH) is to promote, research, preserve, interpret and disseminate information about Black life, history and culture to the global community.
The vision of the Association for the Study of African American Life and History is to be the premier Black Heritage learned society with a strong network of national and international branches and partners whose diverse and inclusive membership will continue the Woodson legacy.
- Set the annual theme for Black History Month. Establish Annual Black History Theme
- Publish Annual Black History Theme Learning Resource Package
- Sponsor annual Black History Kick-Off Events
- Host Annual Convention and Black History Month Luncheon
- Establish, nurture and grow ASALH Branches, including campus-based branches & youth guilds.
- Manage professional Speaker’s Bureau
- Establish national and local Partnerships
- Host Essay Contest for undergraduate and graduate students
- Promote oral, public and local history projects
- Commemorate the birth of our founder, Dr. Carter G. Woodson